These rings are made my soulyyours on Etsy. They have a really cool earthy look to them - delicate without being too precious.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Christian Siriano for Payless, Fall 09...? srsly? These look good
Alice + Olivia doing more awesomeness with these Chloe Sevigny dopplegangers...
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Selling a few things.
Mostly some American Apparel shirts and Ella Moss dresses. Later on in the week I'm planning on listing some Hard Tail, BCBG, and DKNY items, among other things. Take a look!
Monday, July 27, 2009
So, my wardrobe is normally 90% black. And, as a rule, I generally stay away from pink, but I couldn't resist. Beverly Hills: 90210 seems to be running through my veins this summer, so I DIY-ed this Lucky Brand shirt I found at the thrift store with an Obesity & Speed style cut. The floral sunglasses are from Forever 21 and the shorts are old Levis I DIY-ed from Valerie's Balmain-inspired tutorial in cut-off form.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
I made a new header! The picture I photoshopped up is one I took at the Hollywood Forever cemetery on Dia De Los Muertos when they pimp out Johnny Ramone's grave to sell "merch." Still love visiting him, though. :) Cemeteries are the best place to chill.
I want to travel back in time and buy a ton of clothes wherever the ladies of Vixen used to shop. Srsly ppl. I smell a Halloween project in the making, at the very least. Wonder if they owned stock in Aquanet or something? Too good.
Gia [Fullhouse people, sheesh] was definitely awesome. Totally a terrible bitch that corrupted poor little Stephanie Tanner, but who doesn't love the bad girl? She always dressed really great, too, but I can't find any pictures. She did always rock the hoop earrings in a non-ghetto bitchy girl way that I have never been able to master... Here's a clip from the episode where they start a band and cover (read: lipsynch badly) Ace of Base:
And a Marla Sokoloff tribute to the ACTUAL The Sign for good measure:
Friday, July 24, 2009
...source? (comment if you know! I need to keep better track of this stuff. sorry!)
Anyway, these outfits are really doing it for me right about now. I'm going to miss summer and endless hours of formulating new outfits in my head.
I started my mission to listen to every single one of the 7000+ songs in my iTunes library last February... still working on it. I'm into the E's now. Since I just made it through my long collection of Eagles music, here's one of my favorites in the form of a live performance with some amusing banter for your enjoyment:
Thursday, July 23, 2009
At $40, this shirt from Actual Pain is an affordable, awesome, and pretty badass alternative to the Christopher Kane's chimp shirts.
Or you could literally google "gorilla shirt" and you'll get a ton of nerdy hits. If you must.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I find myself really interested in different global mourning customs lately, particularly dress. This picture is of women mourning the death of Juan Larra in 1951. The photo is by W. Eugene Smith for Life magazine I think. It's just an awesome picture.
I don't know anything about the source of the picture I posted previously, but I came across it a while ago and it has been one of my favorites ever since. E-mail me if you know anything about it!
Here's another Spanish style mourning ensemble:
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Thrift store haul:
clockwise from top left:
- a very shoulder-pad-y navy blazer (pretty cliche thrift store fare, I'm surprised I didn't already own one),
- silly 80s printed Alaska tourist shirt (probably going to get cut up into a tank),
- Wet Seal bleached out jeans (which I considered just leaving as-is after I bought them since I have such trouble finding jeans that fit, but then I was like "Wait! Are we in 7th grade or something?" so I proceeded to make them into really slutty cut offs, & will stud them - I'll update on this soon),
- black and white lacy tops (the kind best worn with a black bra - great minds think alike, but only if I can get out the house before my parents see - not something I thought I'd have to worry about at 20, sheesh),
- a couple little purses (the one with the chain strap has leather woven through it thats sort of peeling, so I may have to cut it out and unweave it from the chain if it starts to bother me too much, but otherwise both are in decent condition),
- "No Cuffs Bail Bonds" t-shirt, which I have already incorporated into many mental outfits,
- Nine West oxfords that fit me like a peel on a banana (ie awesomely),
- shirt that reads Hindu Kush the World's Finest Since 1993 (too funny to resist, but so huge I might make it into a dress)
- an Pepto Bismol-y perfect Miami Vice/BH 90210 pink t-shirt by Lucky Brand that says Malibu Everyday Camp on it (pretty big on me, will probably be made into a tank)
Total damage: about $25.50. That's it. Afterward I went to Urban and spent more than that much on ONLY A HAT.
Except mine is gray. It's cute, but I feel super guilty about the hat now, so I may return it. I'm going to look for a cheaper one on Abbot Kinney/Venice Boardwalk tomorrow.
Oh Betsey Johnson. Good ol' BJ ;)
How I loved you in middle school. I will always carry a torch for you. I was recently shuffling through Fall 09 pics. To be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention to the clothes. Not that some of it wasn't totally enviable, but I was quite taken with the hair and makeup. A couple of favorites:
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The concert was AWESOME, as expected.
love for the Hollywood Bowl
love for Blitzen Trapper, they're super cool
love for Jenny Lewis, she's uh-mazing!
the jumpsuit makes an appearance for the last show of her tour :)
Ray LaMontagne... not really my cup of tea, but his songs were beautiful and he sounded good with the orchestra
I chose this shirt because a) Crazy lookin' dude on my shirt makes my face look better in comparison to how my face would look hovering above a shirt with Jenny Lewis' face on it. That's just too much pressure. b) Hot Damn! c) All my clothes are grey or black, so I thought I'd branch out. And the colors reminded me of these ladies:
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Dear Pamela Love,
You jewelry is awesome, but I simply cannot spend $1,000 on a talon cuff. srsly.
On the other hand, I found this ring:
It's different, for sure. From a place that sells biker jewelry, so it's a little less Voodoo-Witchdoctor-ACTUAL chicken arm looking, and a little more "Imma punch you in the face," which always works for me! Also, the $30 price tag REALLLLY works for me. The website has other awesome stuff, although unfortunately most of the rings are only in mens' sizes...