Saturday, June 26, 2010

She Said She Said

So this article on a renovated Victorian hunting cottage in the Catskills has been making the internet rounds, and for good reason - this house is adorable, if not exactly functional due to its lack of kitchen/bathroom. But a good picnic/camping retreat.

Photobucket

I have certainly never been a fan of shabby-chic or all white interiors, at least not in practice. In theory and pictures, though, they look great. And I did take away a few cool decorating ideas from this article, so I thought I'd repost the pictures.

Here's the before:
Photobucket

The after:
Photobucket

Location:
Photobucket

From the front:
Photobucket

Porch close up (they sure are beating you over the head with that English cottage feel... it's like the photographer said "We need Wellies in EVERY shot!" Super cute though - I like that the door brings in some natural green, and the flowers are a nice touch:
Photobucket

Interior:
Photobucket
I adore the shelving up by the roof.

Photobucket
Beautiful china cabinets and stacks of dishes.

Photobucket
Great find with the mirror, and the bottles are great.

Photobucket
If this were me, definitely no white books. The whole charm of antique books in my mind is that they look dirty and beat up. Also, I'd probably do a black mirror frame.

Photobucket
And knowing me, I'd be more likely to hang a shrunken head from a door knob than a pink sachet with flowers... ick.

Photobucket
LOVE the lofted bed. LOVE the chandelier.

Photobucket
Another angle. How comfy does that all look?? I would have to stop eating in bed with white linens, though. :)

Her previous home - "the Groove tube", where her husband still lives since back problems prevent him from accessing the lofted bed:
Photobucket

I dig the dated couch upholstery and shag carpet. That idea can definitely be revamped and done in a non-tacky way.
Photobucket

2 comments: