Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Octopus' Garden

I painted this little guy the other day. I thought tentacles would be fun to do (yes, I know there are nine instead of eight - I like odd numbers), and I gave him a little Hindu flair since he was reminding me of Vishnu's four arms. Then I doodled henna patterns all around the edges of the "frame" thingy I painted. Don't know where to put him though! Maybe Etsy?

edit: I tried some better (read: not Mac Photobooth) pictures, but my camera is just awful. And I couldn't use flash, but I did my best! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
so blurry! oh, well.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I love it! My brother is really into octopi so all my life I've lived in a house influenced by cephalopods. Wonderful blog!

    xoxo Heather

    thevodkaasylum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow!!!! How did you do that? How did you paint the tentacles over the frame?????
    Good job!!

    http://thesingular.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. very cool, girl.

    i agree about the blue ribbon... i don't fully understand what's up with that. it's kinda "alice in wonderland", but the print of the dress is pretty. hmm.

    http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this pic - looks like the octopus is coming out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete